Due to the high possibility of severe weather tonight, practice is canceled tonight.
With your new free time why don’t you sign up to compete at the USATF meet this weekend or to join us in Des Moines to watch the USATF National Meet or to compete at the Grand Haven Beach Vault?
If you are competing on Saturday I will be bringing all the poles I have to make sure you have what is needed. If you need something from one of the other coach’s inventories please reach out to them.
If you are jumping at the opening height please plan on being there to warm up around 8am. If you are jumping in the high bar flight (10 ft starting height) arrive no later than 10:00.
Registration for the 2013 USATF WI Outdoor Meet at Carroll University in Waukesha, WI on June 13 – 16 is open!! Please follow the below steps to register and submit your entry fee for the meet. The deadline for entry is paper entries is June 8 and online entries is June 13.
- This meet is open to Wisconsin athletes and Illinois athletes.
- If you are a high school senior but over the age of 18 an exception can be made so you can compete on with the high school athletes (Saturday) vs the open/masters athletes (Sunday), contact me for help with this.
- We will gather poles for the meet at the June 12 practice. If you are not able to make it to that practice you must request poles prior to that practice or bring your own.
- Meet flyer with time schedule and more information is available here.
- The youth meet will jump with girls and boys in two flights based on height. Competition in the first flight will begin at 9:00 A.M. and will have a starting height of approximately 6 1/2 – 7 feet. The second flight will begin immediately after completion of the first flight and after an appropriate warm up period. The starting height for the second flight will be 10 feet.
- Go to the appropriate meet website hosted by CoachO.
- Junior Olympics (Sat 6/15 at 9 am) for youth is considered anyone under 18, or 18 and just graduated in high school. If you are in this last category please contact me for assistance registering.
- Open (Sun 6/16 9am) is for anyone 19-29.
- Masters (Sun 6/16 9am) is in five year age groups for anyone over 30.
- Click on ‘Enter the Meet’ on the left.
- On the main menu page do the below four things:
- Click on “4 Enter Athletes in Events.”
- On the right select “GetVertical Pole Vault”
- Under the box on the right select “Only enter a specific athlete on the club selected”
- On the bottom of the page, click on ‘Continue’
- Note: If you receive an error because you need to verify your age, you can send a copy of your birth certificate, drivers license or passport to: Matt DeWitt – 908 High Street – Union Grove, WI 53182 or email@example.com
- Confirm that Youth, Open or Master is listed as appropriate then click ‘Continue’
- Choose your name from the list, and click ‘Continue’. If your name doesn’t appear you don’t have a 2013 USATF number which means you either aren’t in the winter session, you owe me some paperwork, or I dropped the ball somewhere – contact me to help get this resolved.
- From here follow the prompts to enter the events you’d like to participate in, submit your entry and payment. Ensure you receive a receipt as proof of payment.
- 6/10 – Confirmed IL athletes can compete.
- 6/10 – Added instructions for age verification.
- 6/10 – Clarified when each age group competes.
- 6/10 – Added a link to the meet flyer.