2020 Fall Indoor PV Training - Chicago
We're going to try a little vaulting!!!! We all know how crazy the world has been so in advance we thank you for your patience and loyalty to GVPV. In order for us to offer these practices we will need your help complying with both the Illinois and local rules along with our own protocols. There will be no tolerance for not complying with the rules we set out - given that each of you are such great people I'm sure there won't be any issues, but we want to be clear what our expectations are.
This practice session is open to existing club members first and will be expanded to other members based on availability. We will be keeping the group to 12 athletes to ensure both the great coaching you know and expect and to ensure a safe environment. Speaking of a safe environment here are the expectations:
- Of course if you are not feeling well - stay home! This isn't unique to just the current environment.
- Everyone's temperature will be checked upon arrival. Anyone will a 100.4 or higher temperature will be sent home and required to show a negative COVID-19 test prior to returning.
- Everyone will be required to fill out a questionnaire attesting that they have not knowingly been exposed to anyone with symptoms, been out of the region etc.
- Everyone will be required to sanitize their hands upon arrival.
- Poles will not be shared - please bring poles if possible due to this. If sharing is necessary then poles will be sanitized between athletes.
- Masks will be required at all times in the building - including during vaulting. Masks must cover nose and mouth at all times.
- Social distancing will be practiced as much as possible.
- Spectators are not allowed.
The six practices of the fall pole vault training session are at ICE Cheer Barrington from October 16 through November 20 from 5: 00 to 7:00 pm on Friday evenings. See the calendar page to add the practices to your calendar.
Our Chicago location will have a limited selection of poles that athletes can use at practices. Athletes are encouraged to bring their own poles, to help ensure the right equipment is available (please make sure your poles are labeled).
All athletes are required to be USATF and GetVertical PV members to participate in club events, this cost is NOT included in your registration costs and can be purchased here. This is an annual fee and membership is good through December 31, 2020.
The fine print:
- Participation in the fall session is only available with commitment to the entire session. In other words, no drop-ins or pay as you go options are available.
- Registration and payment can only be done on-line through check or debit/credit card payment.
- Payment plans are available, please reach out to set one up.
- Scholarships are also available, please reach out to set one up.
- Refunds are available on a prorated basis minus a $50 administrative fee.
- Practices are limited to 12 due to COVID-19 athletes safety and to ensure a high level of interaction between coaches and athletes.
- There is no refund or make-up for canceled practices due to weather or illness.