The Reno Pole Vault Summit is January 15-16!!! We are getting a group together for the largest pole vault event of the year! Everyone is welcome to join us. The National Pole Vault Summit is a great opportunity to start your 2016 track season! The Summit structure is designed to meet the needs of all ability levels. The weekend’s activities include: Athletes, coaches, and parent break-out sessions, learn-by-doing instruction, roundtable discussions with the world’s best athletes and coaches, an Elite competition on Friday night, and a competition for all athletes on Saturday.
Here are the facts:
- We will leave Thursday, January 14th and return Sunday January 17. We would like to fly as a group to Reno. Southwest is the best airline to fly when traveling with pole vault poles. Southwest’s lowest fare out of Milwaukee is currently $390 RT. We would depart Milwaukee at 5:15pm and arrive in Reno at 9:45pm on January 14. We would return on January 17 leaving Reno at 8:15am and arriving in Milwaukee at 5:25pm. Everyone is responsible for booking their own flight. If an athlete will be traveling without a parent they must make arrangements to join a family who is going and can act as a chaperone.
- All athletes must arrive in Reno on Thursday so they can participate in Friday’s activities and Saturday’s competition.
- We will be staying at John Ascuaga’s Nugget Hotel. You are responsible for making your own hotel reservation. The number is 800-648-1177. The group code is GPOLE16. The room rate is $69/night + a $9 resort fee, and tax. The total per night is $87.32. There is a 24 hour cancelation policy. You will have a choice of staying in the East or West Tower of the hotel. The East Tower of the hotel has been renovated and is close to the restaurants and casino. The West Tower has not been renovated but is a little quieter.
- The hotel provides free shuttle service to and from the airport and from the hotel to the Reno Live Stock Event Center where all activities take place. You do not need to rent a car.
- Athlete Registration is open until November 30th and is $105.
So what do you need to do if you plan on attending?
- Go to the event site for more information: www.polevaultsummit.com
- Let Sue Schroeder know by October 20th if you would like to join in on the fun. She will be keeping a list of everyone attending and keeping everyone informed of any updates.
- At the end of October, we will let you know if there was enough interest and if the trip will go ahead.
If it’s a go, then you will need to:
- Get airfare.
- Register for the event at www.polevaultsummit.com
- Make your hotel reservation
Feel free to email or call Sue with any questions.